Frederick J. Hegenbart
Frederick J. Hegenbart was born in Sioux City, Iowa and was admitted to the Oklahoma bar in 1984. His undergraduate degree was obtained from Iowa State University in 1981. He received a Bachelor of Science degree with majors in History and Economics, with a minor in Philosophy. Mr. Hegenbart obtained his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Tulsa in 1984. While in law school, Mr. Hegenbart was employed at the University of Tulsa Law Library and was a clerk and intern for the law firms of Taliaferro, Malloy and Elder and Malloy & Malloy. Mr. Hegenbart was also an intern with the District Attorney’s office in Tulsa County, Oklahoma in 1984. He has been employed by Rosenstein, Fist & Ringold since 1984 and was made a shareholder and director of the firm in 1989. Fred and his wife of over 30 years, Liz, have three daughters. Molly is a speech-language pathologist, Maggie is a petroleum landman, and Megan is a nurse.
- 1984 to the present – Rosenstein, Fist & Ringold
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma State School Board Attorneys Association
- American Arbitration Association (Panel Member)
- Defense Research Institute
- State of Oklahoma
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Northern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Community and Business Involvement
- Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church, Tulsa, Oklahoma, President (2005 – 2011) and various other boards and committees
- Central Park Owners Association, Board Member (2009)
- Tulsa Ski Club, Board Member (2005 – 2008)
- Various school committees and activities and sports fan for daughters’ softball, basketball, soccer and crew activities
- Anson v. Erlanger Minerals and Metals, 1985 OK CIV APP 24, 702 P.2d 393 (Okla. Civ. App. 1985).
- Calvert v. Tulsa Public Schools, 1996 OK 106, 932 P.2d 1087, 116 Ed. Law Rep. 815 (Okla. 1996).
- Swanson by and through Swanson v. Guthrie Independent School District, 135 F.3d 694, 123 Ed. Law Rep. 1087 (10th Cir. 1998).
- Harris v. Robinson, 273 F.3d 927, 159 Ed. Law Repo. 533 (10th Cir. 2001).
- Grant v. Otis Elevator Co., 199 F.R.D. 673 (N.D. Okla. 2001).
- Cudjoe v. Independent School District No. 12, 297 F.3d 1058, 167 Ed. Law Rep. 606 (10th Cir. 2002).
- Webco Industries, Inc. v. Thermatool Corp., 278 F.3d 1120, 46 UCC Rep. Serv. 2d 698 (10th Cir. 2002).
- Southern Corrections Systems, Inc. v. Union City Public Schools, 2002 OK 93, 64 P.3d 1083 (Okla. 2002).
- Gladstone v. Bartlesville Independent School District No. 30, 2003 OK 30, 66 P.3d 442 (Okla. 2003).
- Bryant v. Independent School District No. I-38, 334 F.3d 928, 178 Ed. Law Rep. 683 (10th Cir. 2003).
- Stevenson v. Independent School District No. I-038, 393 F.Supp.2d 1148, 204 Ed. Law Rep. 155 (W.D. Okla. 2005).
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated