Chalkboard is a publication of Rosenstein, Fist & Ringold designed to inform public school administrators and school board members of important and timely developments in Oklahoma school law.
Chalkboard is sent without charge to all education clients of Rosenstein, Fist & Ringold and to other persons who are interested in education law issues. We invite you to share Chalkboard with your friends and colleagues. We believe you will find Chalkboard to be informative and helpful with the difficult task of operating our educational institutions.
Although Chalkboard is designed to provide current and accurate information regarding current education law issues, Chalkboard is not intended to provide legal or other professional advise to its readers. If legal advice or assistance is required, the services of a competent attorney familiar with education law issues should be sought.
We welcome your comments, criticisms and suggestions. Written correspondence should be directed to Rosenstein, Fist & Ringold, 525 South Main, Suite 700, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74103-4508, or call us at (918) 585-9211 or 1-800-767-5291. Our FAX number is (918) 583-5617. You can e-mail us by clicking here. Help us make Chalkboard an asset to you.
Chalkboard 2017 Issue 7 (Download PDF)
By: Staci L. Roberds, Cheryl A. Dixon, and Adam S. Breipohl
- Due Process Protections for Support Employees;
- Copyright Law and Recordings of Student Performances;
- Important Reminders for Long-Term Suspensions of Special Education Students
Chalkboard 2017 Issue 6 (Download PDF)
By: Adam S. Breipohl and N. Roxane Mock
- Copyright Issues for School Districts: Exhibiting Copyrighted Works at School;
- New Version of Form I-9;
- Haley A. Drusen joins RFR as Associate Attorney;
- RFR’s New Redesigned Website is Now Live—www.rfrlaw.com.
Chalkboard 2017 Issue 5 (Download PDF)
By: N. Roxane Mock, Cheryl A. Dixon, and Staci L. Roberds
- Oklahoma’s Patriotic Access to Students in Schools Act and the Parents’ Bill of Rights;
- Corporal Punishment of Students with Disabilities;
- Reminder Regarding Changes to the Definition of Career Teacher;
- RFR Fall School Law Seminar and Golf Tournament.
Chalkboard 2017 Issue 4 (Download PDF)
- Update on Board Resolutions Regarding State Ballot Measures;
- Verifying Employee Federal Employment Authorization Status;
- OSDE Issues Guidance on 4-Day School Week and Special Education Services;
- Temporary Teacher Contracts
Chalkboard 2017 Issue 3 (Download PDF)
- The Supreme Court’s Ruling on What Constitutes A Free Appropriate Public Education for Special Education Students;
- Funding of School Improvements by Municipalities;
- Obligations of School District Employees for Reporting Child Abuse or Neglect;
- Implementing the Professional Learning Focus Component of the TLE
Chalkboard 2017 Issue 2 (Download PDF)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration Issues New Rule Limiting Post-Incident Drug Testing;
- Agenda Items for Rehiring Employees;
- The Importance of Employee Job Descriptions When Defending Discrimination Claims.
Chalkboard 2017 Issue 1 (Download PDF)
- Emerging and Important Issues in Special Education;
- Best Practices for School Districts Regarding Public Participation at Board Meetings;
- Required Changes to Child Nutrition Procedures;
- 2017 Oklahoma Legislative Session News.