Mergers and Acquisitions
Rosenstein, Fist & Ringold has a long history of practice in the area of mergers and acquisitions. The attorneys in this practice section have extensive experience in all aspects of transactional law involving mergers and acquisitions. This practice includes the acquisition and disposition of business enterprises, as well as reorganization and the restructuring of enterprises. Our attorneys have engaged in asset purchases and sales, equity purchases and sales, leveraged acquisitions and leveraged buyouts, as well as mergers, consolidations and capital restructuring. The attorneys within this practice section have extensive experience in reviewing proposed transactions, structuring and analyzing those transactions, as well as negotiating the business points of the transactions and drafting the transactional documents.
Additionally, the attorneys within this practice section have extensive experience in developing the due diligence process and coordinating and supervising the due diligence process. Clients of the Firm include publicly traded companies, as well as startup ventures and private venture capital groups. Due to the diversity of its attorneys, the practice section can address almost all of the requirements and aspects of a merger and acquisition transaction, including corporate and tax law, anti-trust and Hart Scott Rodino issues, environmental law, employment and employee benefits law, finance, healthcare and real estate.
Coleman L. Robison, Jerry L. Zimmerman and Eric P. Nelson have been involved as lead counsel, special counsel, and local counsel for hundreds of transactions that involved an aggregate exceeding a billion dollars. Mr. Robison and Mr. Zimmerman have more than 30 years experience, Mr. Nelson has approximately 25 years of experience, and each has effectively worked with several of the biggest law firms in the United States.
- Numerous acquisitions of assets or the equity of privately held companies
- Numerous sales of assets or the equity of privately held, to publicly traded companies, or private equity groups, with significant experience in the healthcare industry
- Corporate combination reorganizations involving mergers and capital restructuring
- Corporate divisive reorganizations
- Regulation D private offerings
- Court supervised acquisitions and dispositions
- Leveraged acquisitions and dispositions